What is the Chamber?
Established in 1910, the Moultrie Colquitt County Chamber of Commerce is a stand alone, not-for-profit organization supported by its members, which include local businesses and leaders who care about our community. It is an organization that unites business people and creates coalitions to expand the economy and improve quality of life. The Chamber helps promote business growth, serves its members with personal and professional development opportunities, and makes decisions that will benefit the Colquitt County business community.
The Chamber is the voice of the business community on local, state, and national levels. It is our commitment to help our area to grow and prosper. We believe in a strong, vibrant business community that contributes resources to ensure an exceptional quality of life.
With 100 years of experience, we have worked with businesses, industry, professionals, and civic groups to provide educational, networking, and growth opportunities through membership.
Why would you join the Chamber?
Your membership supports the Chamber’s efforts in:
- Attracting new industry, which means more jobs.
- Attracting new residents, which increase our tax base.
- Lobbying state government for assistance with education, technical support, road development, grants, agriculture, economic and industrial development.
- Making strides to improve the quality of life in our community through Chamber committee work in tourism, education, agri-business, workforce development and retail marketing.
What are the benefits of joining the Chamber?
- You will be listed as a new member on our web site moultriechamber.com , which will display a link to your company website, company description, map to your location, hours of operation and company contact information. The Chamber website is visited by thousands of people weekly as well as the membership of over 500 members.
- You will be able to advertise special sales and promotions or post job openings for your company on the Chamber website and our Facebook page which has almost 4,000 local fans.
- You will have opportunities to network at events including Business After Hours, Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies, The Annual Banquet, and Quarterly Membership & Board Meetings.
- You will benefit from referrals made at the Chamber upon inquiry. The Chamber of Commerce only refers Chamber members.
- You will receive a discount on materials sold at the Chamber including mailing labels, mailing lists, Manufacturer’s Directory and other publications.
- You will receive a 7.5% discount on your business Workers Comp Insurance through the Drugs Don’t Work Program.
- You will receive a 10% to 12% discount on premiums for specific commercial and personal lines of insurance (Please call for details).
- You will receive a 3% discount on Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance Premiums.
- You will receive a 2% to a 5% discount on group health insurance through United Healthcare of Georgia.
- Your membership investment in the Chamber is tax-deductible as a necessary business expense.
- You will have the opportunity to grow professionally through participation in Chamber-sponsored business seminars, usually offered free of charge.
- You will receive assistance with Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting ceremonies for new companies, existing business expansions and new locations. A photograph of this ceremony will be published in The Moultrie Observer, for free.
- You will receive a one-time discount on advertising with Crusin’ 94.
- You will receive a one-time discount on specific advertising packages with The Colquitt Shopper.